Chicago's architecture, unparalleled attractions, legendary sports, and vibrant neighborhoods inspire and delight visitors. Whether explored by foot, trolley, or boat, there are so many things to see while visiting.
Run along the lake: MAP
- Willis Tower Skydeck: The former Sears Tower, is a 108-story, 1541-foot skyscraper. Willis Tower is the tallest building in the United States and the sixth-tallest freestanding structure in the world. (Proximity: 2.20 miles/22 min by bus)
- John Hancock Observatory: One of Chicago´s most well-known buildings and the 12th tallest building in the world with 100 floors. Highly recommended visit: The Signature Room at the 95th offers diners exquisite food, superb service and a dazzling skyline view. Also at The Signature Lounge at the 96th you can enjoy one of the many specialty drinks from the extensive list of premium cocktails. (Proximity: in front of the Hotel/ 2 min walk)
- Navy Pier: A multi-million dollar convention, cultural and recreation center and Chicago´s most visited attraction. (Proximity: 1.39 miles/19 min by bus). Recommended: Chicago´s Children´s Museumat Navy Pier and a ride on its famous Ferris Wheel.
- Field Museum of Natural History: The collection at the Field Museum of Natural History contains over 21 million specimen and prized artifacts from years, decades, and centuries gone by (Proximity: 3.08 miles/27 min by bus)
- The Art Institute of Chicago: A favorite of locals and visitors alike, the Art Institute one of the world´s most notable collections of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist art in its permanent collection. (Proximity: 1.52 miles/16 min by bus)
- Museum of Contemporary Art: Just steps from The Drake, this museum offers exhibitions of the most thought-provoking art created since 1945. (Proximity: 0.33 miles/ 6 min walk)
- Shedd Aquarium: This attraction serves as the home to 1500 species including fish, marine mammals, birds, snakes, amphibians and insects. (Proximity: 3.13miles/ 28 min by bus)
- Adler Planetarium: Enjoy the representation of the night sky in the historic Sky Theater Planetarium. (Proximity: 3.43 miles/ 27 min by bus)
- Millennium Park: Jay Pritzker Pavilion, AT&T Plaza and Cloud Gate, Crown Fountain, Lurie Garden, McCormick Tribune Plaza & Ice Rink and Park Grill, BP Pedestrian Bridge, Harris Theater. (Proximity: 1.19 miles/18 min by bus)
- Chicago Botanic Garden: Beautifully designed gardens brimming with two million plants. Twenty-three different gardens showcase the best plants for the Midwest in a variety of beautiful settings. (Proximity: 21.07 miles/ 1 hour 50 min by bus)
- Grant Park: Chicago´s most prominent and beloved park.
- Oak Street Beach: Just north of the Magnificent Mile and a quick walk through the Pedway from The Drake, this beach is a hotspot for summer visitors from around the world. (Proximity: in front of the Hotel/ 1 min walk)
- Shopping: Just steps from the front door of The Drake Hotel you will discover shopping options that cater to all tastes at either the Water Tower Place or the Shops at 900 N. Michigan Avenue.
For more information on Chicago-area attractions, click here.
Oak Street Boutiques
The Gold Coast shopping district proudly announces the latest addition to the Oak Street shopping strip. Hermès Boutique opened at 25 E. Oak Street, just steps away from The Drake Hotel.
In-Room Spa Services
The Drake offers in-room spa services by Windy City massage. To book your service, or to learn more about what they offer, visit Windy City Massage: The Drake Hotel.