The Drake Hotel understands the importance of preserving the environment. In an effort to increase the sustainability of the hotel we reduce, reuse and recycle.
- We reduce the amount of water we use annually, with the help of our environmentally conscious clients, by giving them the option to have their linens changed every third day rather than every day and hanging their towels to reuse. This saves over 250,000 gallons of water a year and almost 1700 gallons of laundry soap.
- Also, in an effort to limit water waste The Drake serves water in pitchers rather than bottles unless requested otherwise.
- The Drake Hotel’s iconic rooftop sign was recently modernized with an energy efficient lighting source. We use only energy-saving light bulbs throughout the hotel.
- By purchasing mostly locally-farmed and organic products The Drake decreases our overall carbon footprint.
- All unused guest room amenities are donated to a local homeless shelter.
- All unused toilet paper is donated to Bin Donated a non-profit social enterprise that helps other non-profits reduce program costs: Win-Win-Win.
- The cocktail napkins in our dining outlets are made out of 100% recycled material and are green seal-approved.
- All paint products, batteries and aerosol cans are recycled
- Every one of our 535 guest rooms have pens made from recycled materials.
The Drake Hotel is leading the hospitality industry in sustainability by example. Considering the environment and caring for Chicago is an important part of what The Drake stands for.
Protecting the Earth. Preserving Real Chicago.